The Bakels Group of companies operates 15 manufacturing sites covering all five Continents.
These sites produce a wide range of dry blended ingredients and fat or sugar based wet products.
In different parts of the world we are also involved in the production of margarines, emulsifiers, yeast and frozen products.
All the manufacturing sites have their own R & D, backed by a Central Research organization.
Further, 15 Bakels trading companies are supported by the manufacturing companies, with an extensive group of agents and distributors who take the Bakels brands into more than 120 countries worldwide.
Bakels can provide strong product development, manufacturing resource and technical support for virtually any ingredient a baker could need. Whether for bread, pastry or confectionary used by the smallest or largest baker, Bakels can supply the product.
The main product groups include:
- Bread improvers, Dough Conditioners and Shelf life Extenders
- Premixes for bread, pastry and confectionery products
- Bakery Fats
- Release Agents
- Cake and Bread Emulsifiers
- Baking Powders, Instant Yeast
- Icings, Toppings and filling Creams
- Fruit Fillings, Glazes and Flavouring Pastes
- Chocolate, Couverture and Non-Tempering Truffle Mixes
The Bakels philosophy, which links together such an extensive product range, is that all our products must be safe, high quality and affordable.